« Home | Land of the Kimchee »

My Own Room Again!

I moved into my new dorm in the afternoon, but my camera had run out of batteries. So I will have to show a picture of the dormitory another time. Not too much to talk about the second day as much of it was spent unpacking my bag and messing around with my computer connection to the internet.

My host buddy, which is the one who is kind of taking care of me during my stay in Korea was still in Japan for some reason, so I could not meet him that day. I did however, meet lots of other people from the dorm who were kind enough to chat with me a little and even go out for dinner.

I went to the this restaurant where I had Chicken Kalbi with 3 other people from the dorm. Two of them were Korean Host buddies and the other one was an exchange student like me, except she was from Japan. The above picture is a picture of the utensils that are commonly used in Korea. As you can see, there is no fork, so you must settle with a spoon and chopsticks.

This was the first time I have ever had Chicken Kalbi and I must say, it will not be the last time. Tomorrow is the opening ceremony of the program, so I am excited to meet the rest of the people in the program. It should be a fun day. Talk to you later.